With a change in season, comes a change in you! September is Self-Improvement Month, and what better time to commit to improving a few things about yourself than the beginning of fall!
Self-improvement and self-care are important to your health and that’s why we have gathered a few tips and ideas of ways you can participate in Self-Improvement Month
- Make an effort to eat healthier. Make a plan to choose healthier options when you eat, with your specific food and dietary needs in mind. Find out what fruits and vegetables are in season here and read up on the benefits of meal-prepping here.
- Make a list of goals for the remainder of 2018. Think of one large goal you want to accomplish before the end of the year. Sometimes when we have one enormous goal, we get overwhelmed and never actually accomplish this goal. To ease that, create a list of several small goals that will allow you to reach your one large goal and celebrate yourself when each small goal is completed! Before you know it, you will have accomplished a goal that you have been chasing after for a while!
- Travel before it gets too cold. A solo trip to a place you’ve never been before or a place that you find comforting is a great way to clear your head and have time to yourself. Pack up your suitcase, pack your car, and make it a short or long weekend getaway you’ll never forget! Why not make it a sustainable trip? During your drive to your destination, fill up at SpeedyQ Drive locations and reduce your tailpipe emissions by up to 30%!
- Read books, magazines, or pick up that journal that has been collecting dust on your shelf. Books and magazines are a great way to immerse yourself in a different place and mindset, to give yourself a break from the “real” world. Journaling is also a way to put your thoughts onto paper and to set out wants and goals for yourself! Make a commitment to read or journal for at least 30 minutes a day!
- Treat yourself to a self-care day. This can include a day at the spa, a pedicure, massage, a game of golf or just a trip to your favorite store. We all need to pamper ourselves every now and then. Self-improvement and inspiration can strike just from giving ourselves a dose of self-love!
- Commit to a more sustainable life. Living green and eco-friendly doesn’t have to be hard or costly! Start by recycling everyday items in your home. Things like jars can be repurposed for storage! Instead of throwing things in the trash, find out how you can recycle them. Check out this handy site to see where you can recycle each item in your town! Another way to be sustainable in your community is to fuel up at SpeedyQ Drive locations. Not only do you reduce your tailpipe emissions by up to 30%, you are helping plant trees in your community! You can find out more about the Drive program here.
Self-improvement month isn’t about making dramatic changes to your life. It’s about making small, minor improvements for you to live a healthy and happy life! Happy September and Happy Self-Improvement Month!